STORAGE AREA NETWORKS (SAN) / NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE (NAS)
The HP StorageWorks SAN and NAS products provide industry leading connectivity platforms to deploy, manage and operate today’s demanding networked storage enterprise environments. They deliver the physical connectivity that, when combined with the other elements of the HP solution, brings into reality the well established benefits of network storage: significantly reducing the total cost of ownerships (TCO) while maintaining high returns on investment (100% or greater). Most important however, are the ways SAN and NAS impact competitive advantage by improving the business agility and capacity to react to today’s business challenges.
STORAGE AREA NETWORKS (SAN)
The HP StorageWorks SANs provide the industry leading connectivity platforms to deploy, manage and operate today’s networked storage environments. It significantly reduces TCO while maintaining high returns on investment, and improving business agility.
- Centrally managed: Fully integrated with the HP OpenView Storage Area Manager framework to provide the ability to control/manage enterprise level heterogeneous fabric environments.
- Upgradeable: Investment protection through backwards compatibility with older generation switches, and ability to upgrade device firmware non-disruptively.
- Reduced complexity: Architectural guidance through SAN Design Guide and solution-focused blue-prints.
- Highly available: Ability to provide 99.999 or higher availability levels through director-class products and redundant-fabric SAN topology designs.
- Secured: Authentication, authorization, access control and zoning provide added levels of network security.
- Interoperable: Extensive HP testing to ensure seamless performance.
- Open: Support for multiple operating systems and clustering environments; NEW standards-based fabric interoperability among B-series, M-series & C-series, for outstanding flexibility and investment protection. Please refer to SAN Design Guide for currently supported configurations.
- Scalable: In distance, connectivity and performance, with support for more than 3,000 total ports in modular SANs to enable both today’s and tomorrow’s connectivity needs.
- Multi-protocol: Ability to support multi-protocol infrastructures with FC, iSCSI, and FCIP.
- Modular: Ability to implement modular SAN designs with increased scalability, stability and rate of utilization on storage assets through integrated subnet routing (B-series MP Router, and C-series Inter VSANs).
- The HP StorageWorks SANs provide the industry leading connectivity platforms to deploy, manage and operate today’s networked storage environments. It significantly reduces the total cost of ownerships (TCO) while maintaining high returns on investment, and improving business agility.
NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE (NAS)